Tel: +61 2 8227 4400
Matthew Barnes was admitted to practice in 2006. Matthew became an Accredited Specialised in Commercial Litigation in 2011, and was a Partner of a law firm for 8 years until being called to the Bar.
In 2009, he became a part-time lecturer at the University of Wollongong, a position he still holds.
Matthew was an economist at the Reserve Bank of Australia (2002 – 2005).
- Master of Laws (LLM, Construction Law, University of Melbourne, ongoing)
- Master of Laws (LLM, University of Wollongong, 2019) – research thesis on criminal contempt in civil proceedings
- Master of Applied Law (Commercial Litigation) (2012)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2006)
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Macquarie University, 1998 – 2005)