Tel: +61 2 8227 4400
Admitted as solicitor in 2007 and as a Barrister in 2016,
Jonathan has more than 15 years’ experience as a litigation lawyer with a focus on building and construction, commercial litigation, corporations & insolvency and property.
Before becoming a Barrister, Jonathan was a solicitor for 9 years at firms including Mills Oakley, Addisons and Aitken Lawyers (now Russell Kennedy).
Jonathan also worked as Corporations & Insolvency Law Editor for CCH Wolters Kluwer.
As a Barrister, Jonathan has appeared in the NSW Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Australia, Supreme Court of NSW, District Court of NSW and in NCAT both led by Senior Counsel and unled. For a list of selected cases Jonathan has been involved in click here.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (University of Technology, Sydney, 2001 – 2006)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc, Information Technology) (University of Technology, Sydney, 2001 – 2006)
- Personal Liability for Defects for Directors, Supervisors, Project Managers and Developers under the DBP Act (Lexisnexis, June 21 2022) (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, June 6 2022)
- The Grim Life of Tenants – living in the Willmott Forest (Law Society Journal and CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Oct 21 2014)
- The Danger in Terminating Building Contracts for Delay (Lexisnexis, July 7 2021) (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, June 8 2021)
- Expert Evidence rules to apply to applications for security for costs? (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Nov 2 2015)
- Court sheds light on proving claims for unliquidated damages in bankruptcy (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Oct 6 2015)
- A time to swear and not to swear (affidavits verifying statutory demand) (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Oct 6 2015)
- Applications to set aside Statutory Demands – file early or be wary (even if it’s not your fault) (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Sep 23 2015)
- Solicitors failing to properly advise on Statutory Demands (CCH, Wolters Kluwer, Mar 11 2006)