Tel: +61 2 8227 4400
Leo practices across a broad range of commercial areas of law. He is regularly briefed, led and unled, across a number of superior court jurisdictions. Leo’s capital markets and economics grounding enables him to quickly understand the commercial pressure points at the heart of each dispute. His broad experience means that he understands the need for a timely, focused, commercial, and proactive approach.
Leo was admitted to practice in NSW in 2003. Prior to coming to the Bar, Leo practiced as a commercial litigation solicitor at:
- Baker & McKenzie, Sydney (January 2003 – March 2005)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, London (November 1998 – December 2002)
- Freshfields, Moscow (April 1995 – September 1998)
- Freehill Hollingdale & Page, Melbourne (March 1992 – February 1995)
Qualifications and Awards
- Bachelor of Economics (B.Ec, Monash University, 1989), provisional Honours in Tax
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. Hons, Monash University, 1991), First Class Honours
- Joint Brian Benjamin Prize winner in Equity and Trusts (1988)
Leo is fluent in Russian.