Tel: +61 2 8227 4400
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Commercial and Equity
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Commissions of Inquiry
- Coronial Inquests
- Corporations Law
- Proceeds of Crime
- Regulatory Matters
- White Collar Crime
Admissions and Appointments
- Admitted as a Barrister: 2018
- Admitted as a Solicitor: 2007
- BA/LLB (with Distinction)
- Member of ARITA (Australian Restructuring Insolvency Turnaround Association)
As Junior Counsel (led):
- Breach of directors’ duties; deceit, misleading and deceptive conduct: Kalaf & Ors v ICAP Australia Pty Ltd  NSWSC 656, led by David Mackay
- Trespass, damages, mesne profits: Sydney Local Health District v Macquarie International Health Clinic Pty Ltd  NSWCA 274, trespass, damages for trespass, mesne profits, led by David Williams SC and Bora Kaplan (special leave pending)
- Creditors’ scheme of arrangement: In the matter of Ovato Print Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1683; 150 ACSR 32, led by Ian Jackman SC
- Termination of contract: Macquarie International Health ClinicPty Ltd v Sydney Local Health District  NSWCA 161; 103 NSWLR443 led by Ian Jackman SC and J Williams
- Restitution, breach of contract: O’Donnell v Goway Travel Pty Ltd  NSWSC 682, led by Lachlan Gyles SC and Adrian Maroya
- Inquiry into the conduct of a liquidator, Commissioner of Taxation v Iannuzzi  FCA 1053, led by David McLure SC and Thomas Prince.
- 444GA application, Federal Court of Australia: In the matter of Sphere Healthcare, led by David Sulan
- Redomiciliation scheme of arrangement: Champion Iron Limited, in the matter of Champion Iron Limited  FCA 81 led by Michael Izzo SC
- Members’ scheme of arrangement: URB Investments Limited, in the matter of URB Investments Limited (No 2) FCA 2160 led by Ross Foreman SC
- Redomiciliation scheme of arrangement: Sundance Energy Australia Limited, in the matter of Sundance Energy Australia Limited  FCA 1944 led by Michael Izzo SC
- Members’ scheme of arrangement: Xenith IP Group Limited, in the matter of Xenith IP Group Limited  FCA 173, led by Tiffany Wong SC
- Members’ scheme of arrangement, Folkestone Limited, in the matter of Folkestone Limited (No 2)  FCA 1593, led by Michael Izzo SC
As Junior Counsel (unled):
- Inquest into the death of Ian Fackender
- Application for freezing orders (instructed by the Australian Taxation Office)
- Inquest into the death of Makushla Nikolaevsky:https://coroners.nsw.gov.au/coroners-court/download.html/documents/findings/2020/NIKOLAEVSKY_FINDINGS.pdf
- Application to transfer proceedings interstate: Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Company Ltd v Aqua Star Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1373
- Setting aside statutory demand: In the matter of Hengji Development Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1515
- Leave to file an amended defence: Apollo Kitchens (NSW) Pty Limited v Goway Travel Pty Limited  NSWSC 1913
- Breach of contract, ostensible authority,restitution:
- Indemnity costs application, Morris v McConaghy Australia Pty Ltd (No 5) FCA 1582
- Breach of retail lease, Zambrero Property Pty Limited v H&L Invest Pty Limited  (unreported), Local Court of New South Wales hearing: retail leases
- Security for costs, Supreme Court of New South Wales, Mao and Sun Pty Limited v Shaoyong Guo
- District Court Proceedings: appeared on various interlocutory applications, including applications for security for costs and procedural motions.
- Corporations List matters: appeared in various Corporations List matters including applications for winding up and statutory demand proceedings
- Local Court proceedings: appeared in various Local Court hearings, including in relation to the Australian Consumer Law.
As a solicitor:
- Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption: Secondment to Solicitor Assisting the Commission team.
- Inquiry into the conduct of a liquidator: Commissioner of Taxation v Iannuzzi FCA 1053
- Acted for Deloitte in their capacity as provisional liquidators appointed to various entities within the Plutus Group of companies which are at the centre of allegations concerning a significant fraud on the ATO.
- Acted for GlaxoSmithKline Australia in connection with an ACCC and New Zealand Commerce Commission investigation.
- Acted for GlaxoSmithKline Australia in its misleading and deceptive conduct claim concerning Nurofen: GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd v Reckitt Benckiser (Australia) Pty Limited (No 2)  FCA
- Acted for SingTel Optus in NSW Supreme Court breach of fiduciary duty and misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings against former senior employees: SingTel Optus v Almad  NSWSC1098 and on appeal Hasler v SingTelOptus Pty Ltd; Curtis v SingTel Optus Pty Ltd; SingTel Optus Pty Ltd v Almad Pty Ltd (2014) 87 NSWLR 609.
- Acted for a publicly listed mining company in misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Acted for ANZ (and receivers appointed by ANZ) in recovery proceedings and public examinations concerning a property developer.
- Acted for Vitaco Holdings Limited in connection with a members’ scheme of arrangement.
- Acted for Challenger Managed Investments in connection with the ASIC investigation into Storm Financial.
- Acted for SingTel Optus in public examination of the directors of Sumo Distribution and StoragePty Ltd (in Liquidation)
- Acted for Axiom Molecular Pty Ltd the respondents to proceedings brought seeking damages and account of profits for breach of fiduciary duties: Global Medical Solutions AustraliaPty Ltd v Axiom MolecularPty Ltd  NSWSC 1517.
- Acted for Challenger Managed Investments Limited and the Colonial First State Investments (the trustees) of two frozen managed investment funds in judicial advice proceedings concerning unsolicited attempts by a company to purchase the units of several investors for a fraction of fair market value: See Challenger Howard Mortgage Fund  NSWSC 213 and Colonial First State Investments Ltd as Responsible Entity for ColonialFirst State Mortgage Income Fund, Re  NSWSC 484.
- Acted for the voluntary administrators of the Westbus Group of companies in protracted proceedings by minority shareholders alleging oppression and breaches of directors’ duties.
- Acted for adopted son in proceedings concerning mental capacity to grant a power of attorney and statutory will: Scott v Scott  NSWSC 1541