Called to the Bar: June 2005
Admitted to the Legal profession: March 1992
Education: B.Ec (Monash University) (1989) and LL.B (HONS) (Monash University) (1991)
Jurisdictions: Sydney, Melbourne, London and Moscow
Areas of Practice
- Building & Construction
- Insurance / Reinsurance
- Public/Administrative Law
Leo practices across a broad range of commercial areas of law. He is regularly briefed, led and unled, across a number of superior court jurisdictions. Leo’s capital markets and economics grounding enables him to quickly understand the commercial pressure points at the heart of each dispute. His experience at pre-eminent commercial litigation firms means that he understands the need for a timely, focused, and proactive approach.
Leo is fluent in Russian.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Leo practised as commercial litigations solicitor for the following firms:
- Baker & McKenzie, Sydney (January 2003 to March 2005)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, London (November 1998 to December 2002)
- Freshfields, Moscow (April 1995 to September 1998)
- Freehill Hollingdale & Page, Melbourne (March 1992 to February 1995)